Today I put a bunch of woodchips just past the entrance to the garden and partway down the path between the north and south sides because there was standing water (and/or uncovered ground). I got out to the strawberries for a few minutes this morning and tried to cover up the roots that were sticking up under some of the crowns – we’ll see if that worked. It was raining on me as I worked and I tried to take pictures of the raindrops hitting the puddle down at the end of the bed. This photo is from late in the afternoon. I think the puddle looks smaller. More rain to come. Hopefully over the years we’ll get the soil to the point where this no longer happens.