I lost my whole text due to a typo 😦
I harvested about 3 baskets’ worth of beans tonight! Should have edited the photo before uploading, sorry
The winter squash are sprouting. Here’s a bottle gourd:
and a kakai pumpkin (hoping for edible seeds):
Yesterday I did some mowing of the grass next to the beds. Stirred up lots of dust :(. In the evening I got the marigolds and the mostly too-wilted basils into the ground. I’ve been noticing that some of the older tomatoes and peppers are dropping leaves. Apparently this is due to too much or too little water. I tried putting out some extra water this morning, and this evening the area felt damp. I wonder if the problem is that we water every day, and should water for longer every other day… I think the logistics of that are mostly beyond us. Z is lucky to get out there to turn the water off and on, nevermind adjusting different things or turning off a bed before the others are finished.